medi USA, LP manufactures and sells medical compression products, Orthopedic bracing, Prosthetics and Compression Sportswear products. We currently have a position open for a Staff Accountant in our corporate office in Whitsett, NC located between Burlington and Greensboro.
In this role the right candidate will provide support to the Accounting department by working closely with all areas of medi. The right candidate will need to be able to work quickly in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, manage a variety of projects, be proactive and maintain a positive attitude at all times. This position reports directly to the Accounting Manager. The candidate for this position will perform the following duties listed below:
Summary: Provide management with financial information, actively participate in the monthly close process, and support all functions of the accounting department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the General Ledger system and from company sources.
• Create and post GL journal entries.
• Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations to ensure account accuracy.
• Research, interpret and analyze information, and communicate answers and insight through spreadsheet reporting and other applicable methods.
• Cross train in Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Billing, and Credit functions to ensure coverage and to thoroughly understand company procedures.
• Participate and assist with special projects that support the continuous goal of process improvement and/or the growth of the company.
• Maintain and update professional knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• 5% domestic travel
• Deadline oriented,
• Task prioritization,
• Attention to detail, interpersonal skills,
• Effective written and verbal communication,
• Confidentiality and excellent computer skills.
Education and Experience
• 4-year Accounting degree is required.
• 1-3 years of general accounting experience that includes financial reporting.
• E-Commerce business experience a plus.
Company offers a competitive compensation package & comprehensive benefits: health, dental, vision, time off & holidays & more! Please click the apply include salary requirements.
medi USA, L.P. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer