Come and join an already dynamic and invested team at CoreLife Eatery! Learn new skills, learn new trades. We provide paid training and you can earn above average income! Be part of changing the way America eats!
Working here is an investment of yourself
Beyond learning how to make some of the most flavorful and healthiest foods on the planet, you will also acquire healthy food knowledge that you will carry with you for the rest of your life.
This should have a positive impact on how you cook and eat and ultimately how you feel. That’s a pretty cool perk – HEALTH.
This position is responsible for operating the grill and oven and for preparing proteins and sides for the line as needed. The grill position will be cross-trained on prep and dish.
The grill position is a VITAL position within the eatery and requires previous grilling/cooking experience. The grill is the heart of the eatery and proteins are the heart of the bowl.
The Grill position team member must be able to:
- Adhere to all food safety, cross contamination policies as well as sanitation standards
- Be knowledgeable of possible allergens at your station; such as falafel or grill marinade
- Prepping and preparing food (steak, chicken, tofu, bacon, falafel)
- Prepping and preparing all sides
- Must be able to operate the oven and the grill
- Perform proper knife skills and proper use of approved cut glove
- Consistently record food temperatures for meats, soups and broth throughout shift
- Practice proper time and temperature procedures
- Setting up soup well
- Organization of work station, utensils and clean as you go attitude
- Following and executing par sheets
- Utilize and maintain checklists from operations wall (Grill Daily Routine, Protein Cook Off Log, Kettle Schedule, Daily Pre-rush and Weekly Cleaning Duties)
- Proper cleaning and breakdown of grill equipment and station when closing the eatery for the day
- Have experience in restaurants and food service, grilling and cooking
- Bring a bright, positive and vibrant attitude to work
- Give above and beyond effort
- Willing to learn and are coachable
- Willing take initiative and take on tasks without being asked
- Take pride in the work that they do