The Assistant Buyer/Planner will assist Planning Manager and Senior Buyers in all areas of Production Planning including but not limited to the following: maintain master part data, create & expedite vendor purchase orders, act as a liaison with onsite manufacturing, coordinate intercompany communications, assemble ad-hoc reporting in excel for various depts, filing, and some purchasing. medi Manufacturing is located at the medi USA Headquarters in Whitsett, NC located between Burlington and Greensboro. This position reports to the Planning Manager.
Summary: Compiles information and records to prepare purchase orders for procurement of materials to meet both production and customer demand. Creates production work orders to fulfil finished inventory based on customer demand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
• Creates, expedites, and receives purchase orders.
• Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine the most desirable supplier.
• Maintains supplier and cost data in internal system.
• Coordinates returns to vendors of non-conforming products.
• Collaborates with accounts payable department to ensure payment of invoices
• Manages records and procedures in compliance with ISO requirements.
• Utilizes a vendor grading system.
• Maintains procurement files.
• Assemble ad-hoc (usually Excel) reports for various managers and departments.
• Create and maintain master part data and engineering masters for all items.
• Creates and expedites manufacturing work orders.
• Research, ship, and maintain company statistics on backorders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual must be able to work in a team environment with supervisors and co-workers. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) strongly preferred. 1-3 years of demand planning/supply chain/purchasing experience. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Company offers a competitive compensation package & comprehensive benefits: health, dental, vision, time off & holidays & more! Please click the apply include salary requirements.