- Attractions, Entertainment & Recreation
- Sports & Recreation
Greensboro's downtown stadium opened its gates to a crowd of 8,540 on April 3, 2005 with a Grasshoppers exhibition game against the Florida Marlins. This state-of-the-art facility features a 30' wide, open-air concourse, 36 concession points of sale, the Grandstand outdoor sports bar, a kid-safe play park and numerous amenities.
The stadium's seating capacity currently stands at 7,499 which includes 5,300 chair back seats, 16 luxury suites and 2 grass berm and picnic areas, though the stadium was constructed to meet Class AA standards with room for expansion beyond. In March of 2017, the stadium was renamed First National Bank Field.
First National Bank Field plays host to numerous additional events each year, including the ACC Baseball Tournament in 2010 and 2012. On May 26, 2012, the University of North Carolina took on North Carolina State University in a game that broke the attendance record for a college baseball game in the state of North Carolina. The crowd of 10,229 was also the largest ever for an ACC baseball game.
Whom to Contact
- Mary DeFriestCoordinator Promotions and community RelationsPhone: (336) 268-2255
- Stephen JohnsonSales AssociatePhone: (336) 268-2897
- Brooke KingstonOffice AdministratorPhone: (336) 268-2860
- Donald MooreGeneral ManagerPhone: (336) 268-2255
- Todd OlsonDirector of SalesPhone: (336) 268-2890
- Austin ScherSales AssociatePhone: (336) 268-2891
- Andy WebbDirector of Ticket Services and Box Office OperationsPhone: (336) 268-2887